1 year assignment with opportunity to stay on
Apolitical is the first global peer-to-peer platform for government, helping public servants find the ideas, experts and partners they need to solve the hardest challenges facing our societies. Our network is used in more than 140 countries, including by mayors, ministers and former heads of state.
In February this year, the company was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the Social Good category, alongside Patagonia and Starbucks. It has been named one of the world’s 100 Most Disruptive Companies by Disrupt100.
Apolitical has government and institutional clients, and partners including the World Bank, Nesta,
Chatham House, UK Cabinet Office, the UAE, the Government of Canada, the Bernard Van Leer Foundation, a Unicef-led partnership and more. Their media partners include the World Economic Forum, the Mandarin, Civil Service World, Vice Impact, the Huffington Post and others, with top policy stories reaching tens of millions of people.
Leadership and backers
It is led by two experienced female entrepreneurs with expertise in tech, government and policy, and is backed by the European Union and by mission-driven investors from around the world.
Why we do what we do
We believe that addressing the great challenges and opportunities of our time – from migration and cybersecurity to violence and urbanisation – requires smart, creative policymaking. We put public servants at the heart of problem solving and are we are eternal optimists.
What we do
Our core product is a knowledge and network platform, designed to give public servants better access to the policies, experts and partners they need. It brings the aesthetic of consumer tech and media, with the power of data analysis and machine learning to the often dry and impenetrable domain of policy. Over time, we will be evolving and expanding the platform even further to support those working in and with government in a variety of ways – including making it easier for government to find and work with the world’s most innovative tech startups.
- Scheduling meeting and trips
- Meeting, event and public speaking preparation and strategy
- Memo and media writing
- Sitting in on meetings and taking notes
- Social media and press support
Upside of Job
- This is a chance to work closely with an experienced executive who will be invest their time in your professional and personal success and growth
- Be part of an externally facing partnership team
- You will receive an inside view of a fast-growing purpose-driven tech start-up
- You will be offered a 1 year assignment with the opportunity to stay on
- You will meet some of the world’s most interesting people with the most exciting minds
- You will be constantly learning
- Have a good attention to detail
- See the value and importance of the administrative work as being core to the business
- Interest in politics and policy
- Great people skills and strong emotional intelligence
- Copyediting and formatting
- Ability to see the bigger picture and not get bogged down in the weeds. This is a fast moving, dynamic company and we need individuals who can adapt.
Application: Please note that all applicants must have a right to work in the UK.
Submit your CV and a covering letter via the following link: https://apoliticalgrouplimited.recruitee.com/o/special-assistantr/c/new
Our Work Style
Apolitical values hard and smart work, whilst having fun along the way, and respects and supports people’s lives outside of work. We are a highly flexible and supportive workplace — location, hours, holidays — asking team members to consider the needs and deadlines of the team. We are committed to building a company that is great for the world and great for the people who work with us.
Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy
Apolitical does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
Apolitical is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.