The world urgently needs smart, visionary government.
We’re here to help.
Here at Apolitical we are looking for an energetic, passionate and meticulously organised Product Manager to join our team.
Every other sector has been transformed by platforms. Government is the final frontier for technology-enabled sharing and connecting. Apolitical is a govtech start up that launched its platform in 2017 – now public servants, policymakers and politicians in 170+ countries are using it for peer-led, future-facing learning. Our members range from mayors, ministers and heads of state to millennials pioneering digital innovations.
What you’ll be doing
- Obsessively learning about our users and deeply understanding the government ecosystem
- Developing and testing new ideas – working with designs, light touch tests and prototypes to iterate quickly
- Working closely with the growth, content, community and partnerships team to connect dots and align goals
- Working closely with the engineers to support the delivery of the product from design to QA – making sure everyone has what they need to deliver great experiences
- Constantly trying to improve our sprint process – trying new things to get high quality delivery, faster
- Getting stuck into the data analysis to figure out what can be learnt and what can work better
- Running decision making around the backlog – making important decisions and trade offs; choosing between fixing bugs and fresh features, between making improvements for internal users and external users
- To be energetic and mission driven – truly excited about helping government be better
- An interest in technology, particularly platforms
- Some experience in a product management or software project delivery role
- A confident, thoughtful communication style – you’ll be leading user testing and need to be comfortable interviewing our government users
- To be comfortable taking smart risks, as well as collecting data and thoroughly testing ideas
- Versatility – this is a multi-disciplinary team delivering an unusual product.
- You will be connecting the dots between software engineers, designers, policy journalists and partnership managers
- Flexibility – this is a team that is still experimenting constantly with better ways of working, where we sometimes have to change approaches quickly
- Obsessive attention to detail and the ability to hold together a lot of strands of work at the same time
- Big picture thinking – we are doing something global and aspirational
- Being able to zoom in and out between 10 year thinking and 1 week thinking is crucial!
It would be great if you also had
- Start up experience, or experience in a small team
- Exposure to public servants and policy issues, either through work or volunteering
- An agile qualification or scrum master training
- Coding, data analysis and/or design experience
- Some experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods
We’re a for profit company set up by mission driven serial entrepreneurs Robyn Scott and Lisa Witter.
We have been profiled by the WEF and Forbes for turning public sector improvement into a business opportunity. It’s a big business opportunity: government spending accounts for 40% of global GDP – that’s $30 trillion.
We have partnerships with and are funded by the European Union, UK Cabinet Office, Canadian gov and top business investors from places like Blackrock, Streetcar and MindFoundry.
- Being part of a team committed to hiring world class talent and helping them thrive
- Genuine commitment to mentoring and growing the team we have
- Real reward for your commitment – we are building a stock options scheme for the team; so you’re as bought into the company as we are
- Enviable office space – currently a Mayfair mission-driven members club, soon a GovTech hub in the heart of a stunning Westminster building
- 25 + smart, passionate colleagues who will help you get settled in no time
- The chance to shape and build a platform with global reach and impact – Apolitical puts amazing ideas and connections at the fingertips of people in 170+ governments, helping to improve and shape the world we live in
Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Please note, that you must already have the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.