What we do
Apolitical is an international platform connecting the best ideas and people in the public service to solve the hardest challenges facing our societies. Our mission is to make government great for citizens everywhere.
Our platform helps public servants in 140 countries find what they need to create and implement the best policies – unlocking the potential to better serve billions of citizens around the world. Policymakers and their partners can login to our private network and discover one another via interactive maps and private directories. On our topic feeds they can find the latest and most interesting policies and opinions from around the world, along with curated forums, exclusive events and live online conversations with leaders. Both the scale of our platform offering and the user base are expanding rapidly. Disrupt100 said, “This new approach to solving common problems could potentially impact everyone on the planet.”
Alongside our platform, Apolitical partners with key government and non-government innovators to curate and convene in engaging and inspirational in- person events and webinars which demonstrate the impact of sharing across sector and geography, and brings content and members to our platform. We call our approach “high-tech to high-touch”.
Our current revenue comes mainly from innovative government departments and foundations who sponsor us to create “policy topics”, which bring together global best practice and innovators on the platform. For example, the UK Cabinet Office has supported us to create topics on “Inclusive Growth” and “Innovative Public Partnerships” and the Bernard van Leer Foundation has supported topics on “Early Childhood” and “Cities”. They have no editorial control – rather they sponsor the creation of an impartial feed and network for policymakers everywhere on that topic. These topic areas are a key part of what makes the Apolitical platform so valuable to public servants globally. We also get some revenue from events, shorter topic spotlights, and are expanding the number of products we will sell.
Partnership Manager Role
We need a partnerships manager who will close these sponsorships, manage the day to day relationship with our government and foundation clients across these products, and coordinate with the rest of the Apolitical team to ensure that we are delivering the partnership to its maximum impact. Depending on the person holding the role, there will be opportunities in the role to open new leads and partnerships, and represent Apolitical more widely.
Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Support the identification of possible sponsors for Apolitical’s policy topic channels, working closely with the growth and content teams.
- Support the writing and pitching of sponsorship proposals
- Lead the transition from customer-prospect to customer
Account Management (majority of your responsibility)
- Coordinate and manage the onboarding of new customers
- Manage the delivery of the work for the client, seeking opportunities to increase impact and support the rest of the company through these partnerships
- Identify, source and coordinate the necessary internal and external resources needed to deliver the contract, including work you can undertake
- Proactively bring new ideas and identify synergies between other sponsors and projects at Apolitical (media, events, etc.), including leveraging growth opportunities from the partnership
- Understand key needs for contract renewal and upselling
- Provide research and project management support to company’s executives and other team members as needed
- University education
- Native level spoken and written English – concise, persuasive writing, and delicate client handling is critical to this role
- 2-4 years experience in professional roles preferred at a minimum. However we are open to more experienced professionals who want the hands-on experience of building and growing with a company or a less experienced person who is eager to go on a steep learning curve
- Experience working in external facing roles and juggling multiple intersecting projects
- Experience or knowledge of government and/or foundations a plus
Your Key Characteristics
- Highly emotionally intelligent. Most importantly, you are someone with judgement to understand customers’ needs, being thoughtful to challenges and new ideas, while understanding the capacity, activity, and objectives of the Apolitical team
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal – able to make pitches succinctly and persuasively and handle customers
- Highly organised and able to handle multiple customers and deadlines
- Collaborative – you will have to work across teams
- A creative problem-solver
- A self-starter, prone to taking initiative and enjoy the hustle of winning sales
- Interested in policy and the public service
- Attentive to detail, not requiring a lot of senior overhead to refine your work
Timing: We are looking to hire as soon as possible early in 2019. We are interviewing throughout December.
Indicative Salary: £27-40k depending on experience
Application: Please note that all applicants must have a right to work in the UK.
Submit your CV and a covering letter via the following link: https://apoliticalgrouplimited.recruitee.com/o/partnerships-manager-london/c/new
Our Work Style
Apolitical values hard and smart work, whilst having fun along the way, and respects and supports people’s lives outside of work. We are a highly flexible and supportive workplace — location, hours, holidays — asking team members to consider the needs and deadlines of the team. We are committed to building a company that is great for the world and great for the people who work with us.
Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy
Apolitical does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
Apolitical is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.