(Part Time – 12 hours/week initially)
What we do
Apolitical’s mission is to make government great for citizens everywhere. We are a peer-to-peer learning platform for policymakers, equipping them with the knowledge, skills and contacts they need to solve the hardest challenges facing our societies.
We are used by over 60,000 policymakers in 170 countries to start developing the skills they need, find the latest and most interesting policies and opinions from around the world, and attend exclusive events and live online conversations. Both the scale of our platform offerings and the user base are expanding rapidly. Disrupt100 said, “This new approach to solving common problems could potentially impact everyone on the planet.”
Required working pattern
This is a part time role. We require somebody who is available to work for approximately 12 hours per week. The individual should be prepared to spread these hours over at least 4 days per week.
The Operations Assistant role
The operations assistant will play a critical role in the smooth running of a 30 person team which is rapidly growing. You’ll take the lead on essential roles and tasks across finance, HR and compliance.
As part of a dynamic and growing company, everyone including you, is encouraged to find ways to improve the way we work and the right person will have the opportunity to lead any such initiatives.
This is the ideal role for a person experienced in operations and administration who is looking for part-time work in a friendly, fast paced company, or for someone inexperienced but talented who wants the experience of carrying out key responsibilities in a startup.
- Finance (30% of time) – Financial projections, invoicing, payments and compiling reports
- HR (30% of time) – Hiring admin and onboarding new employees as we head into a year of high growth
- Legals (20% of time) – This is always very project dependent, but you will likely assist with work relating to investment, trademarks and data protection.
- Administration (20% of time) – Calendar scheduling, travel booking and office admin
- Highly organised and responsive. You must be able to handle simultaneous requests from across the office and use sound judgement to prioritise and work through these.
- Smart problem-solver. You must be able to take charge and work out the best way to solve problems which are brand new to the company, whilst also showing the initiative to highlight and question ways in which we can improve how we run things at Apolitical.
- Self-aware and adaptable. Our company moves quickly and you will constantly be doing new things. You will not be able to adapt to this role unless you are self-aware and take charge of your own learning.
- Sound judgement and high emotional intelligence. You have a good instinct for how to respond to situations and handle people – internally and externally – to achieve the best outcome. You know when to escalate an issue and get others involved.
Your immediate manager will be Ellis Turmel, Operations Manager, and you’ll also work closely with Nitika Agarwal, COO, and Robyn Scott, CEO. You will work closely with all teams given the nature of your role.
Closing Date: Monday 30th March
Salary: £22,000 pro rata
Application: Please submit a CV and covering letter which is no longer than a page to firstname.lastname@example.org