The world urgently needs smart, visionary government.
We’re here to help.
Your role will be to take on and own exciting engineering challenges. You’ll be working on user-facing microservices on top of Kubernetes and GCP – on features from personalised feeds and recommendation engines to digital marketplaces. You will have the chance to drive key decisions about the technology solutions we build, and have enormous say in the growth and iteration of the Apolitical platform. We want to build a world class team and culture, in which everyone is supported to grow and thrive.
Apolitical is a global technology company accelerating the transformation of government. We help public servants find the policies, peers and partners they need to tackle the world’s biggest problems. We are one of FastCompany’s top ten most innovative companies in the world in social good in 2018 – along with Genentech and Patagonia.
Every other sector has been transformed by platforms. Government is the final frontier for technology-enabled sharing and connecting. Apolitical is a start up that launched its platform last year – now public servants, policymakers and politicians in 140+ countries are using it to find world-changing ideas, connections and partners. Our members range from mayors, ministers and heads of state to millennials pioneering digital innovations.
You need to have:
- 1-2 years of experience building full stack web applications
- A great eye for design and finer details
- A strong grounding in front end frameworks, React experience would be an advantage
- Experience in Cloud Platforms, GCP a plus
- A sense of responsibility for our platform’s security and user’s trust
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of execution, documentation, and constant improvement
- Team mentality and an understanding that our work is always delivered together
You need to be;
- Excited about new technologies; we use machine learning tools to get our members what they need
- Keen to learn new skills constantly; we’re a polyglot team and proud
- Flexible; be ready to take initiative and get your hands dirty as we figure things out together
- Into making the world a better place; impact should get you up the morning
Would be nice to have;
- Contributions to the open source community – we serve our community and encourage our engineers to serve theirs
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Start-up experience – especially at product driven companies
We’re a for profit company set up by mission driven serial entrepreneurs Robyn Scott and Lisa Witter.
We have been profiled by the WEF and Forbes for turning public sector improvement into a business opportunity. It’s a big business opportunity: government spending accounts for 40% of global GDP – that’s $30 trillion.
We have partnerships with and are funded by the European Union, UK Cabinet Office, Canadian gov and top business investors from places like Blackrock, Streetcar and MindFoundry.
- Being part of a team committed to hiring world class talent and helping them thrive
- Genuine commitment to mentoring and growing the team we have
- Real reward for your commitment – we are building a stock options scheme for the team; so you’re as bought into the company as we are
- Enviable office space – now a WeWork with free coffee, beer and yoga – soon a central London mission-driven members club
- Twenty smart, passionate colleagues who will help you get settled in no time
- The chance to shape and build a platform with global reach and impact – Apolitical puts amazing ideas and connections at the fingertips of people in 140+ governments, helping to improve and shape the world we live in
Send your CV including a link to your work (eg in Github) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org