Do you know a star candidate? Tell us and receive a £1,000 referral bonus if they join
This role is really important to Apolitical and we know how important referrals are to finding amazing people. So if you refer a candidate and they end up working with us for more than six months we’ll thank you with £1,000.
About the role
Apolitical accelerates the transformation of government. We bring 21st century technology and product know-how to help public servants find and share solutions to society’s greatest challenges. We are a unique global community of government leaders and innovators in more than 140 countries, from mayors and ministers and to millennial public servants pioneering new digital solutions in their country and city governments. Our members all recognise the urgent need for government to work in more connected ways in order to solve the hard problems of our time – from inequality and job creation to climate change, refugees and cyber security.
You will be a powerful amplifier for Apolitical’s work, leading critical online growth initiatives for the community and leveraging resources across multiple teams.
You will be responsible for analysing and helping to optimise the entire funnel, from first contact with Apolitical, through the sign-up experience and, finally, ongoing engagement and retention. In this capacity you’ll coordinate growth initiatives across multiple teams including content, campaigns, community, and product and engineering.
You will manage a link building and content marketing team and be directly responsible for the following key areas:
1) Optimising SEO, search being the way that most potential users find us and join.
2) PR and marketing around specific growth campaigns and pieces of content produced by the team to maximise their growth impact.
Working with other teams, and driven by the data, you will also develop and own our growth strategy across key channels including search, email communications, campaigns, and content distribution partners.
You will work with a passionate ambitious team of experienced entrepreneurs, former senior public servants, smart technologists, award winning writers and World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders.
- Hit monthly targets for improvements in Apolitical’s search performance as a critical lever of membership growth, a critical company priority.
- Manage a team of interns as an effective sales function to execute Apolitical’s SEO strategy.
- Work with the rest of the Apolitical team to make our existing work optimal for search.
- Digital content PR opportunities:
- Develop and execute a strategy to leverage the company’s content, community, and growth initiatives to maximise publicity amongst relevant potential users and partners.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with the whole range of press, networks, and organisations that are effective distribution partners for Apolitical’s content.
- Digital growth ringleader:
- Work across and coordinate initiatives across relevant teams to maximise the impact of any activity in the company for our membership growth and engagement.
- Independent and self-sufficient
- Prior management experience
- Organised and efficient
- Data driven and analytical with a desire to experiment, measure and adapt
- A desire to expand and develop a career in growth
- Creativity, enthusiasm and a passion for Apolitical’s mission
- Proven experience of using digital channels to build profile, from more traditional routes of selective content placement through to running online campaigns
- Excellent writing and verbal communication
- Able to work effectively through other teams and get buy in around cross team goals
- A hustler and do-er willing to roll up your sleeves
- Minimum of three years experience in the field
- Experience managing an outbound marketing team
- Experience working in a tech startup or high growth tech company
- Experience working on product development and a love of products
- Prior SEO experience
Salary: Between £35- 45k depending on experience
Application: Please note that all applicants must have a right to work in the UK.
Submit your CV and a covering letter via the following link: https://apoliticalgrouplimited.recruitee.com/o/digital-marketing-manager/c/new