This role is for a visionary platform designer who will provide creative leadership to the platform. You will have a keen eye for UX / UI and experience designing beautiful technology.
Referral incentives: We take great design seriously. If you introduce us to the person we hire, we’ll give you £1000 – and if they’re from an under-represented group we’ll give you £1500.
Responsibilities and Opportunities
- You will work closely with the Director of Product and the engineering team to deliver deeply UX and UI-driven platform designs across a variety of functionalities – from social networking and media content to marketplaces and listings, being focussed on the technological implications of your designs
- You will will lead in the wireframing of both new products and features and revisions to existing ones, being receptive and thoughtful to feedback from users, your team mates and other stakeholders
- You will continue to build on and develop the Apolitical aesthetic and style
You will also have the opportunity to create wider company graphic design – including marketing products, infographics and communications material.
Your Key Characteristics
- You are a designer with strong creative and technical skill who has experience or at least interest in the public sector.
- You have experience working with technology and platform design, preferably on desktop and mobile.
- You are passionate about delivering for end users, with training or at least experience in UX/UI.
- You enjoy working with a variety of different people, and can both workshop input from users and team mates and support an engineering team in turning these into reality.
- You are able to create original concepts from design briefs and turn work over quickly and iteratively – while respecting the general aesthetic of Apolitical.
- You are keen to take part in the entire creative process, from conceptualisation to delivery.
Our Work Style
Apolitical values hard and smart work, whilst having fun along the way, and respects and supports people’s lives outside of work. We are a highly flexible and supportive workplace — location, hours, holidays — asking team members to consider the needs and deadlines of the team. We are committed to building a company that is great for the world and great for the people who work with us.
This is a full time, in house position based in London.
To apply: Please submit samples of work and or a portfolio to email@example.com
Apolitical is an ambitious, mission driven gov-tech startup bringing together the best ideas and people in governments around the world to make our societies work better. We are a growing, energetic and dedicated team spread across London and Berlin. We are building a company with extensive reach – and using that power for good and value diversity.
We are a global peer-to-peer platform for government representing more than 60 countries. Our institutional customers include the UK, UAE and Australian governments. Our partners include the Harvard Kennedy School, the World Bank, the World Economic Forum, Vice, Fast Company and prestigious foundations. Apolitical is backed by mission-driven investors in Europe, the US, Asia and Africa. The company is also supported by the European Union. Read about our launch in the FT.