Your job will be to optimise this content for Google Search and figure out how to make sure they are linked to by reputable, relevant partner organisations. This is a unique entry-level role for someone with high potential to develop core start-up and widely transferable skills. You will focus primarily on Search engine optimisation. (SEO) the process which determined how highly a page ranks from a google search.
One of the ways SEO is improved is via building links from other sites. By gaining these links, you will improve the chances that public servants find our content when they need it via google searches, allowing Apolitical to maximise its impact.
Prior SEO experience is not a requirement. You should consider this role if you are good at talking to and persuading people, are highly organised, are analytical yet fast paced, and have a strong appreciation of policy issues.
In doing this role, you will develop exceptional communications and sales skills, highly transferable organisational skills juggling multiple stakeholders, a deep knowledge of government innovation and policymaking globally, and valuable technical knowledge and skills for the digital world of work. Coming out of this role you will be an ideal candidate for more senior positions in the areas of SEO, sales, (digital) marketing, or partnerships, as well as a much wider range of positions which would leverage many of these professional skills.
- Ensure public servants see our content when they need us by building links from other websites to ours.
- Collect data from marketing campaigns to assess your success.
- Build and manage your own pipeline of leads.
- Perform market analysis to iterate and inform our content marketing strategy.
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities,
- Juggle phone and email communications with several dozens of these organisations to gain backlinks.
- You are an exceptional communicator, verbally and in writing.
- You are a mission driven individual with an interest in Policymaking
- You are analytical and willing to drill down into data.
- You are highly organised
- You have a track record of problem solving autonomously
- You have the desire and ability to develop your skills and knowledge in the basics of SEO