UX Researcher and Platform Engagement Manager
Here at Apolitical we are looking for a UX Researcher & Platform Engagement Manager to work in our Product Team in our London Office.
Every other sector has been transformed by platforms. Government is the final frontier for technology-enabled sharing and connecting. Apolitical is a govtech start up that launched its platform in 2017 – now public servants, policymakers and politicians in 170+ countries are using it for peer-led, future-facing learning. Our members range from mayors, ministers and heads of state to millennials pioneering digital innovations.
What you’ll be doing
- Being obsessed with our members – planning, conducting, and analysing user research activities, including user interviews and focus groups, with public servants all over the world
- Collecting, analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Designing and delivering campaigns and community activities (such as webinars, online workshops and interactive toolkits) to engage users around the best policy reporting, learning opportunities, and connections
- Collaborating with the product manager and platform designer to ideate and validate new product features and feeding into the product roadmap
- Creating engaging communications for our 30,000+ members, on topics from gender and cybersecurity to mental health and AI
- Working closely with the partnerships, content and engineering teams to ensure that our platform is aligned with the needs of the community
- Thinking deeply about how to deepen the connections between those in the Apolitical community
- A confident, thoughtful communication style – you’ll be leading user testing and need to be comfortable interviewing our government users
- Enthusiasm for learning new tools and frameworks, as you may own work which is new to you, such as UX research, A/B testing or community engagement
- A history of creating measurable goals and owning metrics, as we experiment on an ongoing basis to grow our community
- To be energetic and mission driven – truly excited about helping government be better
- Digital-savviness and an interest in technology, particularly platforms
- Awareness of various methods for gathering, understanding and interpreting different types of data
- An experimental and reflective mindset – the team is constantly testing better ways of engaging members and sometimes has to change approaches quickly
It would be great if you also had
- Start up experience, or experience in a small team
- Exposure to public servants and policy issues, either through work or volunteering
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods is desirable
We’re a for profit company set up by mission driven serial entrepreneurs Robyn Scott and Lisa Witter.
We have been profiled by the WEF and Forbes for turning public sector improvement into a business opportunity. It’s a big business opportunity: government spending accounts for 40% of global GDP – that’s $30 trillion.
We have partnerships with and are funded by the European Union, UK Cabinet Office, Canadian gov and top business investors from places like Blackrock, Streetcar and MindFoundry.
- Being part of a team committed to hiring world class talent and helping them thrive
- Real reward for your commitment – we are building a stock options scheme for the team; so you’re as bought into the company as we are
- Enviable office space – currently a Mayfair mission-driven members club, soon a GovTech hub in the heart of a stunning Westminster building
- 25 + smart, passionate colleagues who will help you get settled in no time
- The chance to shape a platform with global reach and impact – Apolitical puts amazing ideas and connections at the fingertips of people in 170+ governments, helping to improve and shape the world we live in
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org