Machine learning: An introduction for public servants
Free Online Boot Camp | Exclusive for Public Servants & Policymakers | Register by 7 August 📅
Imagine a computer that continuously trains itself, getting progressively smarter over time. While you might be imagining something out of a futuristic film, you likely utilise this technology every day without even realising it – and it could be the key to help governments better serve their people.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence power many of the technologies we use today, and provide huge potential for revolutionising the way government works. Machine learning can help automate services, improve public services, and recognise trends in data.
It isn’t a simple cure-all, though; machine learning can have serious ethical implications and may not always be the best approach when it comes to solving problems.
Join this online boot camp to learn how to harness the power of machine learning and apply it to your projects. You’ll find out how to decide whether machine learning is the right approach for you, and how to design a machine learning project from start to finish.
- Lesson 1: What machine learning is, and how to use it in government
- Lesson 2: How to design a machine learning project
- Lesson 3: How to decide whether machine learning is the right approach for your project
- Lesson 4: Breaking through the jargon
- Lesson 5: Key ethical considerations when using machine learning
- Lesson 6: Reflect on what you’ve learnt
- A 10-minute lesson delivered via email every week for 6 weeks
- Insights on machine learning from government leaders in the field
- Interactive resources including quizzes, articles, case studies and more!
Who should register:
Machine learning beginners who want a solid footing in what machine learning is, and how to use it in government.
Experienced machine learning practitioners who want to take their understanding further and learn how automation can be applied across different areas of government.
This boot camp is open to all public servants and policymakers. If you are not yet a member of Apolitical, you will be taken to a signup page that will automatically register you for the boot camp.
Picture credit: Unsplash
Interested in co-creating an email boot camp or workshop with Apolitical? Get in touch at email@example.com.