Embracing remote work: A boot camp for Local Government
Free Online Boot Camp | Exclusive for public servants in local government
COVID-19 has fundamentally changed the way people work – especially in government. Even as lockdown starts to lift, many offices still have some or all employees working from home, and it seems that some of the changes brought on by COVID-19 will have long-term impact.
That’s why Apolitical and MHCLG’s Local Digital Collaboration Unit have put together this free online email-based boot camp about best practices for working remotely in Local Government. You’ll get insights about how to develop your remote working skills, tailored specifically for the challenges facing public servants in Local Government.
The boot camp brings together resources from Apolitical and MHCLG and delivers them to your inbox in small, bite-sized emails, letting you learn at your own pace.
- Week 1: Common remote working challenges and how to overcome them
- Week 2: Best practices and tools for remote working
- Week 3: How to run effective remote meetings
- Week 4: Working in agile distributed teams to design services
What you’ll get:
- Four 20-minute lessons delivered via email each week, with articles and bite-sized activities
- Tips and tricks on how to effectively work remotely, from productivity to wellbeing
- Articles, case studies, worksheets, hands-on challenges and more
Who should register:
This boot camp is for anyone working in UK Local Government who wants to develop better practices for remote working.
This boot camp is open to all members of UK Local Government. If you are not yet a member of Apolitical, you will be taken to a signup page that will automatically register you for the boot camp.