Apolitical is where public servants in 140+ countries — including mayors, ministers and former heads of state — go to brush up the skills they need for the future of policymaking. Explore here our first workshops on digital skills for policymakers.
Workshop #1. Hello World: A Practical Intro to Data Science and Programming for Policymakers
We held our first online workshop on how public servants can harness the power of programming and data science to maximise their impact.
Watch the full workshop led by Apolitical’s chief engineer and data scientist, use our interactive guide to take the first steps into data science, and explore our recommendations for where to go next.
Workshop #2. Assessing New Technologies for Policymakers
When can blockchains work best? When are blockchains not the answer? We held our second workshop to help policymakers learn how to assess new technologies and work out if they are the right choice in policy decisions.
Watch the full workshop led by Apolitical’s chief engineer.
- Interactive guide: a practical introduction to data science and programming for policymakers
- Slides: follow along with the slides from the session
- Anaconda: out-of-the-box Python programming & data environment
- Open Refine: work with data, clean and analyse
- Swift Playgrounds: learn to code on your iPad
(Picture credit: Pexels)