7-Day Boot Camp on Engaging Citizens in Policymaking
Free Online Boot Camp | Exclusive for Public Servants & Policymakers | Register Now
Effective participation of citizens in policymaking is at the heart of open government and has the potential to restore trust between government and citizens. Over 50% of citizens in the UK, for example, want to be involved in major policy decisions, but only 7% feel their voices are heard.
So how can public servants foster more effective engagement with citizens? Some say the answer lies with new interactive technologies, but this is only part of the equation. To get the full picture, public servants need to take a look at the human element too.
In this 7-Day Boot Camp on Engaging Citizens in Policymaking you’ll learn some of the best techniques and tools to help government interact with the public, as well as case studies on the most innovative new approaches from around the world.
During this boot camp, you’ll learn:
- 6 top tips for public servants looking to bring citizens into policymaking
- How to choose between different digital approaches to citizen engagement
- How to avoid common pitfalls when involving the public in decision-making
- How to demonstrate the impact of citizen involvement
We’ll send you:
- A bite-sized activity or article, each taking 10 minutes or less, for 7 days;
- Case studies and interviews through to quizzes and reading lists.
You can complete as many or as few as you like, and you’ll have opportunities to connect with peers and experts who are applying these concepts in government.
Open to all participants from the public service, civil society, and academia. If you are not yet a member of Apolitical, you will be taken to a signup page that will automatically register you for the boot camp.