How to be digital in the Canadian public service
Free Online Boot Camp | For Public Servants Across Canada
In collaboration with the Canada School of Public Service’s Digital Academy
Boot camp essentials
Learn how to apply a digital mindset to your work as a public servant.
Who can participate: All levels of Canada’s public service (if you’re not already an Apolitical member you’ll also need to sign up when you register)
What you’ll learn
1. How to apply the culture and values of digital workplaces — even if you don’t work in tech
2. What digital looks like in a government context
3. Best practices for working better — like Agile, human-centred design and Lean
- Week 1: Defining digital government
- Week 2: Digital government in Canada & around the globe
- Week 3: How digital starts and ends with users
- Week 4: Shifting to a digital culture
- Week 5: How digital is enabling government’s response to COVID
- Week 6: Committing to a digital-first government
How you’ll learn
We’ve packaged hands-on activities, case studies, videos and reading lists into short lessons.
Each lesson will include links to:
- a required 10-minute (maximum) reading or video, plus one or more related discussion questions
- additional optional resources and discussion questions
You can tackle the questions on your own or – even better – team up in a small group so you can discuss the topics as you learn.
Who should complete the boot camp:
- Individuals who want to learn how to apply a digital mindset to whatever part of government they’re trying to impact.
- Team members who want tips and insights on how to make their workplaces more digital driven and friendly.
- Leaders who want to guide their team and organisation through digital transformation.
Do you wish to find out more about the French boot camp? Click here.
Picture credit: Unsplash
Interested in co-creating an email boot camp or workshop with Apolitical? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.