Continue being digital in the Canadian public service: Culture
Free Online Boot Camp | Exclusive for Canadian Public Servants & Policymakers
Over 5400 public servants across Canada signed up to take ‘How to be digital in the Canadian public service.’ Now, it’s time to go deeper.
Join this free online boot camp, developed in collaboration with the Ontario Digital Service, to continue your digital journey and learn how to develop a digital culture in your department or organisation. Learn the essentials of how to be user-centred, and your role in influencing culture change in the public service.
You’ll get twice-weekly emails for four weeks, beginning on 19 January 2021, filled with videos, case studies, interactive activities and more. You’ll have an opportunity to collect badges and earn a ‘Continue being digital in the Canadian public service: Culture’ micro-course certificate of completion.
What’s different about this boot camp
- You’ll have the option to select which learning track you’d like to follow, based on how much time you can devote to the course
- It’s the first in a series of four micro-courses, which will help you continue along your digital journey
- We’ve scheduled built-in study groups, so you can catch up on your learning and connect with other learners
You can bookmark this page, and catch up on each lesson as it comes out.
- Lesson 1: What you need to know about government digital culture
- Lesson 2: What it means to be user-centred
- Lesson 3: Leadership in the digital age
- Lesson 4: Study group
- Lesson 5: Building a fail forward enterprise
- Lesson 6: Skills and mindsets needed in a digital-first enterprise
- Lesson 7: What’s my role in influencing culture change?
- Lesson 8: Study group
What you need to know:
- Lessons will be sent directly to your inbox and will arrive Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Lessons will contain a main reading or video, additional suggested readings, videos or case studies, conversation starters, and poll questions.
- You’ll have an opportunity to collect badges and earn a ‘Continue being digital in the Canadian public service: Culture’ micro-course certificate of completion.
- By completing all 4 micro-courses, you will earn a ‘Continue being digital in the Canadian public service’ course certificate.
Who should register:
This course is for public servants across Canada looking to continue their digital journey, in any department and at any level.
Thank you to the following partners for their contributions:
- Government of Canada – Canada School of Public Service Digital Academy
- Government of British Columbia – Digital Platforms and Data Division
- Government of Nova Scotia – Nova Scotia Digital Service
- Government of Alberta – Digital Innovation Office
- Government of Yukon – eServices for Citizens
- Government of Manitoba – Digital Transformation Group
- Government of Saskatchewan – Digital Strategy and Operations, IT Division Group
- Government of New-Brunswick – Finance and Treasury Board
- Government of Prince Edward Island
- Government of Quebec – Centre québécois d’excellence numérique
Picture credit: Unsplash