How to Have Better Government Meetings
Online Lightning Talks with Public Servants
Free Online Workshop | Exclusive for Public Servants & Policymakers
We’ve all been trapped in a seemingly endless meeting and thought: there must be a better way.
Get the recording for this online workshop and hear four 5-minute talks from leading public servants, followed by a Q&A, on how to avoid “meetings that should have been emails” syndrome. Each speaker shared their top tips to make your meetings more effective, whether you’re holding a quick check-in or a team-wide strategy meeting.
You heard talks on:
- Why have a meeting in the first place?
- How to be a pro facilitator
- Why poor “meeting hygiene” could be costing you time and productivity
- The secrets to a great (and inclusive!) remote meeting
Who you heard from:
- Vasant Chari, head of PolicyLab, UK Cabinet Office
- Sam Villis, Acting Head of Digital at the National Leadership Centre, UK Cabinet Office
- Susan Johnston, one of Canada’s Free Agents currently working with the Transferable Skills team at the Canada School of Public Service
- Gray O’Byrne, Lead of Platform Design at Talent Cloud for the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Picture Credit: Unsplash